The science and practice of Mindfulness to reduce stress and increase wellbeing
A 5-Day Intensive in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Pincha aquí para ver la información en español
Based on the world-renowned Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course (MBSR), this five-day, residential program invites this inner exploration as we investigate the framework of the science and practice of mindfulness and its potential to impact the quality of one’s life.
Framework for Mindful Living is offered in the supportive environment of a retreat-like setting, there is time and space to inquire, reflect, and come close to ourselves in ways that allow for learning, insight and to support balance and health.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will have:
- Step by step guidance to develop your mindfulness practice. The program offers guidance to cultivate strength and familiarity with this human birthright of awareness, naturalness, openness and warmth. Through the practices of MBSR, you will have the opportunity to explore your relationship with the body, mind, heart, and with one another in an environment rich in curiosity and engagement.
- A deep and transforming experience. Being and intensive version of the MBS, it is appropriate for those who may not have access to an 8-week MBSR class and also would like to deepen or re-invigorate their mindfulness meditation practice
- A solid first step for healthcare professionals who want to begin to apply Mindfulness in their work with other.
- A quality time to:
- Recognize and give examples of current personal patterns of automatic pilot and automatic, habitual stress reactivity that may lead to reduced effectiveness and burnout;
- Identify and analyze current work/life stressors;
- Reflect on and examine individual resources for meeting stress, comparing adaptive and maladaptive coping mechanisms;
- Explain how stress expresses in human biology and physiology and how mindfulness impacts the stress cycle;
- Utilize formal and informal mindfulness practices to reduce distraction, bring greater clarity and intentionality to decision-making, and increase emotional regulation;
- Describe and demonstrate mindful listening as an effective skill in human relating;
- Formulate a plan for utilizing mindfulness practices to support one’s own health and well-being and that of clients, patients, students and others we work with.
Included in the program
Full introduction and guidance of the formal MBSR meditation practices
Introduction and explication of the science and mechanisms of mindfulness
Physiological and psychological foundations of Stress
How perception and conditioning shape how we experience the world, and how mindfulness can begin to uncouple automatic, habitual reactivity for clearer seeing and more creative responding
Deactivating the auto-pilot
Recognize and give examples of current personal patterns of automatic pilot and automatic, habitual stress reactivity that may lead to reduced effectiveness and burnout
Methods for inner balance
Methods and applications for bringing brief, informal mindfulness practices through the day to rebalance oneself emotionally, mentally, and physically
Introduction of appropriate workplace applications of mindfulness practices for teachers and healthcare providers
Who should attend?
- Health professionals who wish to apply mindfulness in their work with others.
- A unique opportunity for those who may not have access to an 8-week MBSR class.
- Also appropriate for those who may have already done the MBSR program or another MBI and would like to deepen or re-invigorate their mindfulness meditation practice
9 plazas disponibles
Total price of the program: 900 €
Includes accommodation in double room and full board.
7 plazas disponibles
Total price of the program: 825 €
Includes accommodation in shared room with women and full board.
4 plazas disponibles
Total price of the program: 825 €
Includes accommodation in shared room with men and full board.